Gyms have traditionally relied on memberships fees as the main source of income generation for their business but what if we could show you other ways to increase your bottom line using the Evolt 360 scanner? Here are our 5 sure ways to generate revenue for your gym.
1. Run Challenges:
It’s not a new idea for gyms to run challenges but there are a number of ways it can be done.
- They either charge a participation fee (usually around $99 per entrant ) where which can get 70-100 participants at a time. The run at least three challenges a year, making anywhere between $7-10k per challenge. That’s $20–30 k per year additional revenue. Participants are offered 2-3 free body composition scans as part of their fee.
- The other way is to charge on a per scan basis. Gyms typically charge $30 per scan with each entrant normally requiring 2 or 3 scans per challenge. 50 entrants at this rate would generate $4500 per challenge. Running challenges a minimum of three times per year in this way, would therefore return a minimum of $13,500 a year.
2. Introduce Tiered Membership:
Offering a value add such as Evolt 360 body scans can be a great way to justify the introduction of a premium membership package. Results from the scans can then be used as evidence of improvement motivating the member to move up into a PT or Group training program.
3. Justify One-on-One PT Sessions or Group Training Sessions:
One-on-One PT Sessions: Typically PT’s can charge $60-$80 for an initial sit-down consultation that includes a baseline body composition scan. Using the results they can then design a tailored program, using “Free Follow-up Scans” to up-sell them into the premium one-on-one program.
Group Training Sessions: Based on budget restraints and using the evidence from the Evolt Insights dashboard, group training is a great backup to offer a more cost-effective up-sell than just the standard membership. This option is an ideal way to introduce a new member into a group training program as a quicker way to reach their goals faster. The impact of group training programs can be quantified using the data obtained via the Evolt Insights data management platform.
4. Up-sell Product:
Supplements: Supplements form a vital part of many member’s health and wellness programs. Knowing what supplements are required and where to purchase them can be intimidating. A great feature of the Evolt 360 scan result sheet and app is the personalized Evolt supplement recommendations which are based on an individuals goals and body composition data. Many Gyms now have supplement products they sell. With Evolt, there is no selling involved we just let your client’s body tell them what they need and there is no argument to that!
Macronutrient Profile: Evolt is the ultimate up-sell machine & the ultimate salesperson. A huge differentiator of our product is our macronutrient profile feature on the result sheet & app. Based on the member’s body composition and the goals they have set, the Evolt 360 body scanner will provide supplement recommendations that suits their body composition and goals.
5. Don’t let your members walk out the door:
Engage, motivate & retain members and use Evolt for follow up or re-engagement programs.
- The level of consultation that the Evolt 360 offers, providing over 40 body measurements and detailed ongoing tracking, connecting via the app is unmatchable. The ongoing consultation and the immense motivational power of progress reporting is a huge driver to keep members coming back and pushing for better results.
- The Evolt Insights platform is an ideal way to pinpoint which members are not on track to achieve their desired results; and your ideal opportunity to reach out, show them you care and re-engage them with a relevant offer or message.
- Running challenges are the perfect way to create engagement. Who doesn’t want to become the best version of themselves!
- By regularly scanning on the Evolt 360, members can identify and celebrate small incremental body composition changes. Unlike traditional scales, members can see exactly what’s happening internally, which can act as a powerful motivator in driving a successful outcome.
Bonus Ideas: Acquisition
- Increase yield on your trial membership packages and generate foot traffic by offering value adds. Introduce a full body composition scan and professional consultation as part of their trial.
- A free body scan is a powerful tool to drive foot traffic from the general public into your gym or engage members not interested in challenges engaged in challenges with PT Consultation personal sessions, upsell them onto a program.