In these trying times when health and wellness is increasingly becoming of paramount importance, the key message we need to be conveying is one of “Self-Care” and how current lifestyles could be impacting our client’s ability to stay healthy in the face of infection and illness.
Whilst all of us are facing stressful times in our daily lives, it has never been more important than now for individuals to take charge of their own health and make themselves a priority.
But how can we help educate our customers on what constitutes a healthy body; easily demonstrate to them their current state of health and also give them the steps they need to become healthier?
Education and knowledge of course is key. The chart below compares a healthy body to an unhealthy body, demonstrating the importance of maintaining high skeletal muscle mass, low subcutaneous & visceral fat and high protein levels.
So how can all this be achieved? It’s no secret, but here are our top ten tips for your clients to keep them healthy;
- Eat a wide variety of unprocessed, whole foods everyday prioritising protein sources.
- Consume plenty of clear water throughout the day.
- Start moving every day, for at least 30 minutes as a priority.
- Walk for ten minutes after 3 meals to aid digestion.
- Ensure you are getting enough sleep. Start monitoring your sleep and aim for 7-8 hours.
- Reduce your alcohol consumption. A no brainer, but making some small conscious decisions to reduce it, will create new habits.
- Reduce your take-out meals to once per week.
- Increase your daily fibre intake to stay more regular
- Start monitoring your health markers, it’s not about just a weight on the scale, it’s checking your lean body mass for protection in fighting disease and illness, body fat and visceral fat readings or even watching your body shape, girth measurements etc.
Wins come in multiple forms and it’s important to acknowledge all of the client’s “small wins” to help keep them motivated. These can be as simple as sleeping better, having more energy, completing more training sessions at the gym, their clothes fitting better, drinking more water or making better food choices. The Evolt 360 may be the icing on the cake but each win is a step on the journey to better health and a sustainable lifestyle.
Encourage your clients to check out the Healthy Lifestyle Questionnaire on the Evolt Active App to see how their current lifestyle habits are impacting their health.