How to Optimize your Winter Workout and Body Scan Results
During the cold winter months, it is important to understand what happens to your body and how that could affect your BIA scan results during your winter workout. Cold temperatures can dehydrate your body, firstly because most people don’t drink as much water as they do during summer and secondly, because the body doesn’t hold as much water (to cool off) as it does on hot days.
It is important to remember that the body is still using water to keep the lungs moist (due to the fact that cold air is very dry); to keep blood volume, the cardiovascular and digestive system optimal and also our skeletal muscle working to its fullest capacity. So, even though we naturally don’t feel thirsty during winter, it is still important to keep up our fluids.
The Evolt 360 is an approved medical device, which uses BIA Technology. To ensure repeatability and to achieve the best results it is recommended that the person doing the scan is rested, fasted and well hydrated. If they are dehydrated when scanning, this can affect their total body water volume and consequently lean body mass.
For this reason, we recommend a few things to ensure you and your client’s scan in optimal conditions to get the best results.
Here are a few valuable tips to follow prior to your scan and as a general rule:
- Drink adequate water for your body weight: multiply 40ml of water times your body weight to find out how many liters of water you need on average. Example: 70kg x 40ml = 2.8 L of water a day.
- For each hour of exercise, add 500ml of water (minimum) at the end or during the workout, especially if you sweat profusely.
- Add hydrating foods to your plate: raw vegetables and fruits.
- Have a few liquid nutritive foods during wintertime: soups, herbal teas and smoothies
- Add carbohydrates to your post-training meals if you are doing weight training to ensure glycogen replacement and to bring fluid back to the muscle.
Enjoy the winter season and focus on your health and fitness goals. Make sure you have regularly Evolt 360 scans to track progress and take advantage of the great Evolt Active App.
Remember: summer body starts in winter.
More Info on Ronaldo Fulier Nutrition
For more information on what Ronaldo Fulier Nutrition can do for you, or to book in for a body scan contact the team by visiting their handle @nutritionist_ronaldo_fulieri
Located at 2/8 Flint Court , Unit 2, Varsity Lakes , Queensland 4227, Australia, but services the globe!
Author: Ronaldo Fulieri, Nutritionist, Dietitian and personal trainer.